Last updated: Feb 1st, 2021
Personally identifiable information
We collect personally identifiable information from users in multiple ways across the site anytime the user enters the information. This can be the users name, email id, phone number and more. We collect information if the users choose to enter or if their company registered in Hirewand chooses to provide information about them in Hirewand.
Non-personally identifiable information
This is the information we collect that cannot be traced to any individual and can only be useful in the aggregate. The examples of such information are browser type, referring site, date/time of visit, period of stay on the site of a visitor and more.
How we use personally identifiable information
We use the information available about the user with us to:
- Allow them to login into their accounts.
- Send emails notifying events happening within their account that they need to be informed about as part of Hirewand functionality.
- Send emails to some of the users periodically updating them of what is happening in Hirewand, as part of our promotion exercise.
- Make some of their information visible to their colleagues within the same account.
Safety of your personal information
We have taken appropriate safety and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure of your personal information stored on our site.
Sharing of your personal information
We do not share or in any other way make your personally identifiable information available to any 3rd party other than users within your own account or when you choose to share information about yourself as part of our business workflow. E.g., a recruiter on our network choosing to share a resume with another firm. In this case the name and email id of the recruiter will be visible to the firm.
Mail account access
Hirewand provides two capabilities that involves access to the users email account:
- Ability to download and parse the resumes received in a mail account.
- Ability to reach out to candidates through the users configured email account.
To allow us to provide both of the above services we need access to the user's email account. Both of these services are optional and the user can choose not to avail the same, and still use all the other featuers provided.
If the user does choose to avail the services and provide the email account details and access to the email account, we commit to:
- Never sharing the mail account details with any 3rd party.
- Only downloading attachments and checking for resumes. Any other files and mails without attachments will not be stored or read by Hirewand.
- We will not send out mails through the users account unless explicitly asked by the user either to reach out to a specific candidate or for a set of candidates who match a requirement.
Google mail access
As part of our "Mail watch" feature Hirewand reads and parses and filters the resumes received through mail. These profiles are attached to relevant active requirement and ranked based on the quality of the match. Google mail is one of the mail services we support as part of this feature.
For Google mail watch the user needs to login using Google OAuth verification and provide the permission for us to read the mails. Hirewand use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Acceptance of this policy
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site after we make changes to the policy will imply your acceptance of those changes.